5 down and a million more to go...

Monday, April 20, 2009

Well it's been a long time since I posted last. I've been busy with lots of projects. I've been painting my laundry room (walls and cabinets.) You get a little sneak peek at it in the pictures below. What do you think of the color? I was having panic attacks (o.k. I may be exaggerating just a little) about the color. I did have to buy a different color than the original one I was going to do. My advice for the day - don't buy a quart of paint as a "sample." And then don't go buy a gallon of it - all before testing it on the walls. Man, I do some stupid things sometimes. Anyways, I found the final color through my friend Keri who let me borrow some of her paint samples that she had around her house (thanks for all your help Keri!) It's called Atlantic by Martha Stewart. So, please - someone tell me I did good after wasting about $30 (anyone want a gallon & a quart of turquoise paint?) I've had no one to tell me whether they like it or not since Ryan has been "hands off" on this one (he wasn't a big fan of blue in the first place - that's another story though) and no one has seen it yet. O.K. I'm getting off track - I just wanted to say that I painted my laundry room and will hopefully post some pictures once the room is all put together again and has all of the finishing touches on it.

Now, back to the subject. Below are before and after pics of my chair I sit on when I sew. I really loved the needlepoint design on the seat before, but it just didn't go with the new color scheme.

I have to admit that I wasn't patient enough to wait for RJ to set me up with his staple gun so I taped the fabric on. Nice huh? I only needed a fat-quarter of fabric ($2.50) to recover it and loved the fabric when I saw it. It ended up matching perfectly with the new paint. The whole project took about 10 minutes. What an easy change to match my decor.

This is one project I finished in time for April's Spring to Finish challenge. This was a gift for my friend Brooke who is having a baby boy soon. I delivered it to her today.

I delivered this today too. A little blanket for my friend Sabrina. I loved this blue and pink rose fabric by Grand Revival for Free Spirit. It's called Ava Rose. The pink paisley minky on the back - I fell in love with the moment I saw it. I had never worked with it before. I heard the trick to working with minky is "Pin. Pin. Pin." so that's what I did. It didn't end up being too hard. Another completed project for the April challenge.

I have a 2 others done, but won't be posting pictures of those yet. I am also hoping to get a monster of a quilt back this week and will then have to kick it into high gear to get it bound by the end of the month. So, I think that will end up being 5 projects done this month. That is a good feeling.
Post a Comment